The temperatures are reaching an all-time high in the Philippines, but that doesn’t mean you should forget about the rain. Because of our country’s unpredictable weather, there will be drizzles, as well as scattered rain showers and thunderstorms that can still happen. With the rainy season still a couple of months away, now is the best time to plan home improvement projects that guarantee your home will be rain-proof and safe from damage. These simple fixes below not only save you from spending on costly repairs but also enhance your home’s overall appeal.
5 ways to rain-proof your home in the summer:
1. Inspect your roof for holes, leaks, or any form of damage. The tiniest of holes or cracks can allow water to seep in and cause leaks and water damage. Experts also recommend applying waterproofing paint on the roof after you have sealed the holes to prolong its lifespan.
2. Check the foundation of your home for signs of water damage. You can tap a professional or an expert to check if the foundation of your home is still structurally sound. Any sign of damage such as cracks or gaps must be addressed as soon as possible to prevent bigger problems. Using a flexible and durable sealant can help ensure that it won’t crack over time.
3. Work on a paint job. Give your home’s exterior a refreshed look by repainting it with a new color. You can also consider repainting the walls inside your home to make it look and feel brand-new.
4. Clean your gutters. According to Architectural Digest, “a home’s gutter system is very important for directing water away from the foundation.” If your gutters are left clogged or damaged, they won’t be able to function properly, which will then cause flooding and possible structural damage. After clearing out the debris, flush the gutters using a hose.
5. Invest in waterproofing. It’s safe to say that proper waterproofing is the most important must-do you need to include in your home improvement checklist. Not only is waterproofing essential for home maintenance, but it also helps ensure your home remains in tip-top shape. From sealing gaps, joints, windows, and doors, waterproofing helps protect your house from water damage and mold growth too.
In any home improvement project, you can save time and money by using essential products that get the job done. Pioneer Pro Elastoseal is a ready-to-use elastomeric rubber sealant that you can use for superior weatherproofing and sealing of most construction joints. It cures rapidly to a durable and full-bodied waterproof seal that maintains its joint movement capability and adhesion.
Pioneer Pro Elastoseal is also highly resistant to UV rays and weather changes, making it the best option for your home improvement needs in preparation for the rainy season. You can use it to seal gaps and holes on the roof, the gutters, downspouts, and drainpipes, as well as when sealing perimeters and joints between metal, glass, and concrete.
Be rain-proof this summer by learning more about Pioneer Pro Elastoseal HERE. You can also follow and chat with us on Facebook at PioneerAdhesivesPH or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on our products.